sábado, 3 de agosto de 2013

WORK TRIP TO "PITALITO AND LA PLATA" IN HUILA -COLOMBIA

A few days ago, I was visiting a few towns of Huila´s department. That was because I work with the economic sectors of Huila and like many others department in Colombia its economic base is agriculture. So my job is to give him conferences, advices and formulate proyects to try to develop their sectors, generating  value added to their products.

A road in a town called Pitalito. On the right sides is the office of my company in that town.




This is a small square of the Pitalito´s officce of the Company.


I have to pass the night of that office alone, I heard some bats on the wood roof.

This is the small square from inside, is dirty because the people had a event last night.



My office in Neiva doesn't have a playground for kids. I don't have yet, so not a big deal.


This is another small town of Huila, it's name is "La Plata" , on this areas seem the time pass more slow I think, you can even see a "Chiva", is the colors bus on the center of the picture, that is still a way of transportation on small towns who are very far of cities.


For be a small town, La Plata have a few good a very cheap hotels, like that, with 5 floors and in front of it there is another one.


This was when I finished my presentation and continued talking with some people


This is the name of the Hotel when I pass the night.



La Plata have very cheaps hotels, this single room was only 14 dollars or 25.000 colombian pesos



The only thing I never knew was Why the people put the bed like this, in diagonal way?. I moved on its right position to sleep, but when I go to the office in "La Plata" and came back, they puted it in diagonal way again.


This is a picture of the "La Plata" many years ago, was even smaller on that time.


I bought to my one year cousin this little wooden horse in this small town, even in Neiva you can´t find something so traditional like this, the head is made it with leather and the hairs are real. In the cities something like this is not easy to find and if you find it, it will be manufactured in fabric. Its cost me almost 4 dollars.



Before my return to home, I asked in a cafeteria for a "aromatica" (aromatic), is a hot drink like tee but with others herb like chamomile, and the woman gave me this, was a really pretty surprise, an aromatic´s fruit, It was delicious.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario